Monday, November 9, 2009

Spreading what you love - a video analogy


Hey - it's Jules, I'm going to post something a little out of the ordinary. My sisters and I started this blog to talk about things that we love, creativity, and also to do something together. I'm not necessarily the "craftiest" person, but I like to motivate and support others and be open to ideas. There are many things that I love to do but often just can't find the time or motivation to do it, but there are also times when I have found something I'm great at, and showcased it without shame, and then I saw such a positive reaction from the people around me. 

I love the following video, you've probably seen it being spread on you-tube and such. I like it for the analogy that I took from it - that keep doing what you love, don't care if others aren't doing it, and then see what can happen and how you can inspire others. 

Harpo staff and more than 20,000 people pulled off a massive surprise for an unsuspecting Oprah. The entire crowd performed a choreographed piece to the Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling." Award-winning director Michael Gracey says the interaction between the Black Eyed Peas and the crowd is what made the flash mob so extraordinary. "There's something really special when you take an audience and instead of just being passive and watching, you invite them to participate," he says. "That's why it was so magical for both parties. Two groups of people came together to create something that neither of them could have done alone."

Check out the flash mob that took over Chicago's Magnificent Mile.




Think about everything you could accomplish if you just did what made you happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment