It's been fun, and since it was the only thing I've had time for this week, I thought I'd share with you a little of how to make them -- just in case you're ever in need :)
First of all, when I designed them for my wedding, I wanted them to be similar to these Envelopments that I had seen at a store. Here's what mine ended up looking like:
(These I made with 12x12 paper and just cut it in half. The pocket is 3" and the others are each 4.5". ) I printed the address info directly on my envelopes in a font I liked and added an image in the corner to add some fun.
For the Primary one, the President had a bunch of 8.5"x11" paper so I adapted it to fit that.
This is how I measured it out: (click on picture to see the measurements)
Then the pocket will be 2.5" and the others are 4.25" each.
*First make a template for the pocket by measuring 3" (half the width) in and 1" up and connecting that point to each corner. I then traced that on each piece, but don't cut it until after you score it, or it's harder to measure.
*Then score the lines on each section. I used a scoring blade on my paper cutter. That's the easiest to get them straight, but you can also use a bone folder.
*After you score it, cut out the pocket insert.
*To glue the pocket shut, the easiest thing to use is tacky tape. You do have to spend the time pulling the backing off, but it stays shut and doesn't get excess glue all over. Just make sure to leave a big enough slot to get your insert in.
(For this size, my insert is 5.5" x 4" )
*The image on the top should be about 3"x5". (I really had to look around to get the ones printed for the wedding announcements --I think it was winkflash.com, but it doesn't look like they do that size anymore) You could do in on photo paper yourself if you wanted. For these I just made an image myself and am printing it on cardstock.
Since I'm handing these out at church we decided not to use envelopes, so I just did this:
I still have to get the inside inserts printed and stuffed, but I'll add a picture when I'm done.
They are a little bit time-consuming, but I think it's fun and rewarding to see them when you did it all yourself :)
No comments:
Post a Comment