Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Halloween Spiders

Hi everyone, this is Sizzle!  This week I am going to be sharing some easy halloween crafts you can do with kids.  A lot of parents I know, say they have trouble thinking of things they can do with their kids - especially if they are young.  I had some of the cousins over this weekend for some halloween fun (most of them are under three) so parent supervision is required. 

I think it is great to do stuff with your kids earlier than you would think. The sooner they realize that something can be made from nothing the more they can grow their imagination and the more they can entertain themselves later on. 

The first thing we did was to make these cute and easy spiders


All you need are a few simple supplies: large pompoms, pine cleaners, googly eyes and glue. 

You will cut the pipe cleaners in half with wire cutters so you don't need as many as you would think.  Everything is easy to find in any craft store. 

All you do is stick the googly eyes on with glue and then bend the pipe cleaners to the shape you want then dip the middle in glue and stick to the bottom of the spider. 

They are fun for kids to look at (who DOESN'T love googly eyes) and also really cute posed on top of a pumpkin, bookshelves, hanging from a string around doorframes etc.

You might get this reaction from 1 year olds!

No comments:

Post a Comment