Something though that I've been wanting to share for awhile is simple organizing tricks that work for me. I'm really trying to be more organized because I don't have a lot of room, and the room I do have it usually stuffed full and cluttered. There are a few things I've done though that are working well. Here are my favorites:
Makeup:
I just got this one a month of so ago. I used to just have everything in a makeup bag, but I really hate having to shuffle through there trying to find something that falls to the bottom. Meaning, I would just leave things out so I could find them. Until....
Next,
Fridge/Freezer:
I have a cheap apartment fridge that just has 3 shelves and one large drawer at the bottom for vegetables. The freezer is just one huge hole, no shelves.
This results in having small things all over the place that you can't find. So I took what was making the biggest mess and grabbed the plastic shoe boxes from my closet organization that wasn't really working and threw them here:
And in the freezer:
(includes all those loose frozen bananas...)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lastly, Papers & Magazines
I made this awhile ago to add to a few others on my bookshelf. I don't have many magazines, but I use them to hold random papers that I have everywhere, but still want accessible. (Maybe I just need a filing cabinet...)
This is something you can make yourself and a great project to make with your kids.
Cereal box Magazine Holders:
Mine's boring because I just wanted it black (spray paint), but you can cover them with contact paper, or scrapbook paper or anything. There's a great tutorial here on how to make it.
A few tips:
The cereal box needs to be about 9.5 inches across so things can move in there. Most of my current boxes aren't wide enough.
They are pretty flimsy so they need to be propped up against other things to avoid falling over.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also really want to know... What simple tips work for you?
No comments:
Post a Comment