Saturday, February 25, 2012

Feb PTI Blog Hop

Today's blog hop challenge was to create an interactive card.  I've dappled with this for the last day of anniversary festivities but this time I wanted to try something new.  My idea was to use balloons and make them so they would look like you were casting them off into the air.  I don't have any fancy tools so I used a pencil, a craft knife and some foam adhesive and I figured out how to do it on my own.

Here is the result.
Starting position - I really need a pull me stamp!!

When you pull the tab the balloons rise.  The sentiment was from Butterfly Dreams.  There is another good sentiment for this type of card in the Up, up and Away stamp set: Thanks for the Lift.  

I spent most of the time creating the "mechanism" to make this card work but now that I know how to do that I can pay more attention to detail on the card itself.

Tools:
PTI cardstock
My mind's eye patterned paper - Girl paper stack
elephant congrats stamp from SU
Balloons cut from George Basic Shapes cartridge at 1"
PTI Twine
Butterfly Dreams stamp set - PTI
scoring board and exact-o knife

12 comments:

  1. Love it, so fun with the balloons going up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Christianne! Love those sweet elephants and the balloons- adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card! The balloons rising is such a clever, and nice job on engineering it all on your own! Love the colors and patterns you've used, too. Kudos! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorabel! Such a fun card! l like the patterned balloons ! Way to think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, how cool!! I love that you can have the balloons move up and down...and the elephants are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is this card? Love the balloons flying up in the air :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the fun way the balloons rise, great idea! Way to rock out the PTI blog challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card!! Love the balloons and interactive details!!!

    ReplyDelete